From under 12 upwards, football is played on a full size field with each team participating in a Division. Being a large club, EWFC offers one of the largest options in Canterbury district for divisional teams for boys and girls with as many as 5 teams in some age groups. Players for the higher divisions are selected into teams through a trial process that occurs in the pre-season whilst all other teams are selected through a grading process. The grading process is managed by a group of experienced coaches responsible for grouping players of similar skills with a view of placing this team into the appropriate division within the Canterbury district competition. EWFC is also a participant in the BBC (Premier League Competition).
Our club has teams participating in Under 6 through to BBC league as well as the "Little Wanderers Program" catering from 2 - 5 years old. These teams are selected through an advertised trial process during the pre-season. Our club believes that it is important for players to be playing in the right division in order to be challenged as opposed to win each match easily by playing in a lower division than the rightful skills of the team. Our club also of the opinion that football should be enjoyable and fun with an objective of development rather than win at all cost.
Information about Divisional Teams
- Team train either once a week or twice a week depending on the Division they play.
- All fixtures are played for points towards a premiership and a finals series.
- At the end of the fixture rounds the team on the top of the table will be the Premiers.
- Players must have Club Sock, Club Short, Boots and Shin Pads.
- Playing strip will be provided by the club.
- Official Football Referees are supplied whenever possible. If CDSFA is unable to provide referees it is the responsibility of the home team to provide referees.
- Girls can play in mixed teams although our coaches will direct individuals into what they believe will be best for the players development.
- Field closures due to wet weather is communicated on the front page of our website.